found for ""
Applied Membranes is looking for qualified individuals with experience in the water treatment industry. In particular, we are looking for persons to fill the following positions:
Why Work for Applied Membranes?
We offer a flexible benefit plan to all permanent employees including:
- Health Insurance Plans
- Dental Insurance Plans
- Retirement/401k Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Develop and implement quality systems to ensure products or services are designed and produced to meet and exceed customer requirements. Participate in the change management process. Establish quality evaluation control system. Provide independent oversight and review of project deliverables throughout lifecycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for KPI/measurement tracking, including scrap reporting, failure analysis, and element wet test performance yields and trending.
- Investigate and analyze data to determine root-cause for quality related issues related to internal nonconformities, production trends, supplier products, or customers complaints.
- Recommends, executes, implements, and verifies corrective actions for products and/or service issues.
- Leads the investigations of non-conforming products and product failure that may arise in the course of manufacturing elements, including investigating, drafting, analyzing, and reporting of CCAPA events to management and/or appropriate parties.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing, Materials Management and Sales in quality investigations, problem resolution, corrective and preventive actions and reports findings as appropriate.
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Write and/or review product and process test procedures (including calibration).
- Provides new user training and ongoing support on the use of the CCAPA system and investigation process.
- Partners with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Sales teams to improve product quality, through continuous improvement efforts including implementing and/or supporting system to measure internal scrap (PDR) and customer feedback (TDR and CCR).
- Supports evaluation of external service providers as well as internal and external design change validation (including first article verification).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and 5 years’ directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality principles, concepts, methodologies, and techniques, including experience in ISO9000 quality systems.
- Strong application of critical thinking skills along with exceptional problem-solving skills to identify root cause analysis.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, flexibility in responding to rapidly changing, dynamic processes and demands/pressures in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in multiple quality improvement methodologies, including Lean Six Sigma, PDCA, Taguchi, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite software applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point, and other enterprise software applications.
- Experience in writing processes, manuals, and reports for management review.
- Water industry experience with Reverse Osmosis, Ultrafiltration and Microfiltration processes and products, desirable.
- Uses SolidWorks (CAD software) primarily to design and document design drawings and specifications. AutoCAD is utilized for P&ID and other applicable drawings and documentation.
- Supports project engineering and project management to provide engineering drawings for fabrication, assembly, and production.
- Documents all drawings properly on the network with PDF copies and PDF as-builts always available in the proper project folder.
- Support project engineers in providing drawings in the design of water purification systems from customer specification through layout, bills of material and final assembly and inspection. 3D CAD drawings are generated from P&ID drawings and working with project engineering.
- Generates bill of materials (BOM) for all frame/skid fabrication, low pressure piping (PVC) systems, and high pressure (SS) piping systems, with high-accuracy and quickly.
- Continuously supports standardization of products for high-efficiency manufacturing, including organized work methods.
- Completes AMI Daily Work Reports (DWR's) for documentation and organization of work activities.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience with drawing system layouts using SolidWorks and AutoCAD, a must.
- Must have experience in the CAD 3D modeling of various equipment, frames, structures and general industrial equipment. Prior experience with water purifications, is preferred. Computer network familiarity and Macola software (MRP/ERP software) experience is desirable.
- Good math and strong communication skills required.
We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Determine the most cost effective and competitive approach to project execution.
- Review client Request for Proposal documentation and specifications for content applicable to the construction or installation of Applied Membrane’s proposed water treatment solution. Provide support in design, development, testing, and modifications of systems.
- Participate in customer site walk-throughs.
- Implementation of process changes to improve safety, cost, production, and reliability.
- Interface with team members to obtain support and commitment in developing scope of work descriptions and bid packages/requests for construction of Applied Membranes water treat system proposals/projects.
- Develop conceptual/budgetary construction cost estimates for water treatment projects.
- Maintain existing and develop new, relationships with vendors and subcontractors used in the construction of Applied Membranes water treatment system projects.
- Work with other groups internally to determine the internal project supervision and other resources required to execute proposed project.
- Participate in preparation of the preliminary project schedule.
- Participate in joint sales calls, as required.
- Develop and maintain Company technical standards and design criteria related to project construction
- B.S. Degree required; Chemical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience in industrial water/wastewater treatment projects a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in executing industrial projects.
- Experience in design, installation, start up, operation and maintenance of industrial sized Reverse Osmosis systems is preferred.
- Able to mentor, teach, and train others on proper operation of water treatment processes.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizing, and planning skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Hands-on experience within a plant is required.
- A self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Ability to function well in pressurized environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and applying engineering principles, theories, and concepts related to hydraulic flow and energy efficiency.
- Strong understanding of industrial construction processes.
- Superior communication skills both oral and written ability to communicate effectively as part of a team and preparation/development of technical documents.
- Proficient computer skills; Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD. Previous experience with MS Project preferred.
- Some travel required.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in the Engineering field or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- PLC & HMI programming experience required
- All electrical design for the Systems Department, including circuit design of electrical panels for motor controls, process instrumentation and controls; PLC, AutoCAD drawings; Bill of Materials for electrical parts; and operating manuals
- Supervision of any electrical work done by others in the department
- Testing all electrical control systems for proper operation
- Meeting customer deadlines in conjunction with the mechanical assembly of systems
- Assisting customers on the phone, e-mail or by field visits for system start-up
- Document all design and operating sequences in the design manual for future reference and system standardization
- Control system design, PLC programming, VFD, data acquisition with industrial or municipal projects
- In-depth knowledge of electrical codes such as UL, CSA, etc., is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
Job Description Summary
Experience in water treatment, engineering background and execution of water treatment projects from order to start-up is required.
Job Description Summary
This position will assemble pumps, filters and other equipment on metal frames with bolts and nuts. The equipment will need to be positioned and aligned to allow proper piping. Various components are then connected by PVC piping or SS pipe. Pipe supports are installed to secure piping. Various valves and controls may have to be connected by threaded connections, clamps or couplings.
The candidate must be able to carry out these tasks with accuracy and expertise.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical assembly of industrial equipment
- Must have experience in PVC and metal piping
- Must be able to communicate in English
Job Description Summary
Responsible for electrical wiring assembly of commercial RO systems according to BOM specification, concentrating on the electrical portion. This includes the mounting of the control panel and any electrical panels required to run the system on a skid or frame.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble electrical panel for large systems
- Wire the control panel according to electrical schematic drawings provided
- Wire control panel, attach all auxiliary equipment, and attach to skid or frame per drawings
- Assist with final testing for QC
- Perform mechanical assembly as required by Systems Assembly Supervisor
Experience and Skills
- Experience in the water industry a plus.
- 2 years on the job training in electrical panel assembly and wiring required.
- Must be able to wire production automation equipment.
- Ability to read electrical schematics is required.
- Ability to program PLC controller is a plus.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Request A Quote »
for a quote or for any additional information
or call us at 1.800.321.9321